Happy 3rd Birthday to my Charnado, aka Shirley Temple (what you say is your name every time you are asked). We’ve had a great day celebrating you: cake for breakfast, the park with your cousin, and an afternoon playing at home. I told you I would make you a special birthday lunch and with excitement you said, “A peanut butter and jelly sandwich?!” DONE.
In 3 years, you have gone from a tiny helpless baby to an independent, firecracker little girl. You live life with everything you’ve got, always full speed. You move and talk at a rate that I find difficult and exhausting to keep up with, but I love trying. You are emotional, stubborn, and opinionated- all traits that frustrate me to tears some days, but that I secretly greatly admire. I know you will do big things with your life and influence many with that personality of yours.
THIS. This is YOU in a picture.
Charlotte, at 3 years old you:
– Weigh about 30 pounds and wear size 3T clothes and size 8 shoe
– Would eat waffles 3 meals a day if I let you
– Love to be at home. Unlike your mama, you are content to stay at home all day and play
-Sleep 12-13 hours at night, and never give us any trouble at bedtime. You sleep with at least 20-25 toys/books/stuffed animals a night and sometimes wear shoes to bed. But because you sleep so well, I don’t have any issue with that.
– Rarely nap anymore, but will play quietly in your bed for about an hour most days
– Are still attached to your beloved Milton
– Love collecting little things and arranging them. You almost always have a little toy in your hand
– Are newly into Elsa, Ana, and Olaf, as well as the Disney princesses, even though you’ve never seen any of the movies
– Are obsessed with play-doh
– Love Peppa Pig, Curious George, and Daniel Tiger (you lost interest in him for awhile, but he’s back in your rotation now)
-Are a sweet big sister to Nolan and are coming back around to Grayson. Since Nolan was born, you’ve taken a lot of your angst out on your GG (especially when we have to leave the house to take him or pick him up from school). Lately though, you’ve been asking a lot to get in his bed with him, so we’ve been letting ya’ll have sibling bonding time.
-Adore your Daddy and go on lots of “dates” with him, usually involving the park and ice cream.
– Are really struggling with potty training. You have no real interest and to be honest, I’m frustrated. I know you will do it when your ready, and I’m trying to figure out how to be firm, yet encouraging and positive.
– Are rarely silent and ask a million questions a day. You will ask the same question over and over and over if you aren’t satisfied with the answer.
Yesterday, I “interviewed” you. I planned to write down questions so I can ask you the same ones every year, but well, life is crazy these days and that didn’t happen. I thought we both did a good job on the fly, though. You are pretty cute, little girl.
Happy Birthday Charlotte Faith. I’m so glad I’ve had the past 3 years to hang out with you- you make life FUN!