It’s Sunday morning- Ryan is at work, the dogs and Grayson are all asleep- why am I not napping too? I did sleep in this morning- until 6:30 AM, which REALLY was 7:30 AM if you don’t count falling back for daylight savings. I don’t remember the last time I slept until 7:30, even before Grayson was born. Thank you Grayson and dogs for the extra sleep. Love it!
I’ve been working on G’s baby book this morning. There’s a page that has you list things like price of a gallon of gas, world leaders, popular entertainers, etc…for the time your baby was born. I’m so pathetic- who are the world leaders right now? And do I really want to have Justin Bieber’s name permanently recorded in G’s baby book?
Things making me happy right now:
1. This kid, obviously. We went for a long walk earlier in the most gorgeous weather, which makes me happy too.
2. This show: If you haven’t seen it, you must. A family with 3 awkward/quirky kids with a mom and dad who kind of half-ass parent them….hilarious. I love it so much I bought the Season 1 DVD.
3. This dog. Actually, yesterday I was about to STRANGLE Hank, but I won’t go into it, because he is forgiven – who could stay mad at this face anyway?
And then, since life is not all sunshine and roses, there are the things making me less than happy right now:
1. These medical bills- yeah, there’s a lot of them, with big numbers next to “amount due”. Ugh.
2. This laundry room. I HATE this laundry room. I scream at this room daily. It is tiny, crowded, the washer/dryer hookups are backwards from our machines so the doors open into each other instead of out. It’s the only place we have to put Hank’s water and food bowl. Water- everywhere. Clean dry clothes fall into the water. Ugh- I hate it.
3. This empty closet. It’s empty because I have exactly ZERO clothes that I either like or that fit me right now. I must go shopping for me soon. Problem is, I always end up in Gymboree or Carters when I go to the mall instead of Ann Taylor or Gap. Baby clothes are so much more fun (and cheap!)
And since I don’t want to end on an unhappy note…here’s another dose of adorableness making this a happy, happy day!