Happy New Year little dude! It’s hard to believe you have been here for parts of three calendar years already. You are now a full-fledged TODDLER- full of energy, curiosity, and naughtiness. You are into everything, and your name has never been more appropriate because you hear the first syllable about 1000 times a day.
Nolan, at 16 months you:
- Weigh 23 pounds 4 ounces
- Wear size 12-18 and 18 month clothing, size 4 diapers and size 5 shoes
- Have 4 teeth that are now fully “in” (no sign of any others coming in though)
- You have a temper. You get frustrated and MAD really fast, and you scream and bang your head on objects or people. Stop that! You have a nice bruise on your forehead from banging your head on the tile.
- You are starting to be a lot more verbal. You say Mama, Dada, Bye Bye and Ta Da! regularly, but you mostly just point and grunt to get what you want.
- Just this week, you had your first sick visit to the doctor. We tried a new pediatrician and really liked her. She diagnosed you with bronchiolitis and prescribed rest and fluids. Your breathing sounded awful for a few days but you are definitely on the mend.
- You are now refusing to eat your previous favorite food, blueberries. You will eat any other berry I give you but throw blueberries on the floor. Weird.
- You are drinking whole milk from bottles and I’m not in any hurry to wean you from them.
- You either refuse to nap or nap 2.5+ hours. The key to you taking a good nap is to put you down before 11 am. You go to bed at 6:00 pm, wake up once or twice at night and get up for the day about 6 am. (And it doesn’t matter when we put you to bed- you are up at or before 6).
- You fight like crazy with your sister but she is still your favorite person.