I’ve got to be honest, this has been a rough month for you, and consequently, for me. You haven’t been yourself for weeks, and I’m blaming every bit of it on teeth. Teeth we have yet to meet because despite tormenting our family for the past 25 days or so, they have yet to make an appearance outside your swollen gums except for one front tooth that’s managed to make it about 1/3 its way in. You haven’t been sleeping, eating or living well, and I’m so so sorry. Hopefully this particular developmental nightmare will be over soon and will take with it the drooling, snot, and random fevers and tummy troubles.
Despite the awful teething, you have been growing and changing like crazy. You are walking all over the place now, and are getting better every day at navigating steps and transitioning from one surface to another. You LOVE to climb, especially at the park’s playset- the higher you get the better. You also love to climb on your riding toys and always, always want to be on the go.
Nolan, at 14 months you:
- Weigh 21 pounds 13 ounces
- Wear size 12-18 month and 18 month clothing, size 4 diapers and size 5.5 shoes
- Are no longer drinking formula but drink whole milk (still out of a bottle; you LOVE your bottles)
- Are still a really good eater, although the teething has definitely affected your appetite lately
- Go to bed about 6:00 and still wake up about twice at night (grrr) and are usually up for the day about 5:30-6:00 am.
- Nap about 2.5 hours (usually about 11:30 am-2:00 pm)
- Still aren’t saying any actual words besides “Dada” and “Bye Bye” but babble like crazy all day
- Fight like crazy with Charlotte but you also love her like crazy
- Love to perch yourself on the bottom ledge of the refrigerator when it’s open- so funny
- Love your church nursery classes but have some separation anxiety now when I drop you off.
- Love nothing more than being outside and scream in anger any time I bring you inside
- Adore watching Grayson’s school bus come to the house in the mornings and afternoons and always wave “Bye Bye” as it drives away
- Are the best snuggler