Happy Birthday big boy! I sit here writing you this letter as you sit in your highchair, inhaling blueberries (you LOVE blueberries) and I think about a year ago at about this time, early in the morning. I was anxious, uncomfortable, and so, so ready to meet you. Thankfully, later that evening, I did. And then began a year of craziness. To be honest, your first year has been stressful yet wonderful, painful yet life-changing. The transition to 3 children was incredibly hard, but at the end of your first year, I am so thankful for you and your role in our family.
It seems as though overnight, you have morphed from a baby to a toddler. You are so close to walking (can take 3-4 steps at a time), are scaling slides and other playground equipment like a champ, throwing food off your tray, and are getting into all kinds of mischief involving toilets and toilet paper (insert many eye rolls here). You aren’t saying much as far as actual words, but you are LOUD and have big emotions. You and Charlotte are constantly chasing each other and wrestling and you can hold your own with her, no question.
Nolan, at 1 year you:
- Weigh 20 pounds, 13 ounces
- Wear size 12 month and 12-18 month clothing and size 3 diapers
- Have 2 teeth!
- Are drinking both formula and whole milk in your bottles and we are working towards ditching the formula completely
- Are a really good eater. You love all kinds of fruit, carrots, peanut butter anything, and of course, Goldfish.
- Think the worst kind of torture imaginable is getting your diaper changed or getting dressed.
- Are sleeping well at night for the most part, but no matter what time we put you to bed (normally it’s around 6:00) have been refusing to sleep past 5:00 am the past few mornings.
- Have had 3 haircuts
- Are so healthy, and I am so, so thankful for this. You made it through year 1 with zero illnesses- no fevers, ear infections, nothing.