Oh my Charnado, here we are- you are almost 2! When people ask me how old you are these days, I always answer that way- “Almost 2”, because you are most definitely the embodiment of a two year old. You are silly, sweet, defiant and frustrating at times, and full of endless energy. Daily, you make me question what the heck I am doing and doubt my abilities as your mother, yet fill me with so much joy and pride. I am so proud of you. You are incredibly smart, verbal, and caring. I love you so, so much.
At 23 months:
- I’m not exactly sure how much you weigh because I forgot to weigh you before we left for the ranch yesterday, but I think you’ve lost weight since last month. You gave up your bottle cold turkey about a month ago and have slimmed down noticeably. You also have way less wet diapers, but are still drinking plenty of water.
- Since you slimmed down some, you are mostly wearing 24 month clothing, especially pants, and 2T tops. You are still in size 5 shoes and size 5 diapers.
- You now have a mouth full of teeth.
- You have developed a love for art, which makes me so happy. You spend a lot of time each day coloring with crayons, and your teachers tell me you are always the most enthusiastic about the craft projects you do at school. I can’t wait to see what Santa brings you this year- hint, hint.
- We have developed a new little bedtime routine since you gave up the bottle. Mary (Grayson’s nurse) gives you a shower, then you and me go upstairs and read a few books (You have The Very Hungry Caterpillar memorized and can almost quote it word for word). After that we talk about our “super fun day”- we go through all the things we did that day, and then we say your prayers and sing a few songs. You still get very upset with me most nights when I actually put you in your crib, but after a few minutes of screaming, settle down and go to sleep.
- You say the funniest/cutest things. A few of my current faves:
- You think all pants are “jeggings”. You were wearing jeggings one day and I told you that’s what they were and it stuck in your head. The greatest is when you point out “Daddy’s jeggings”
- When we ask your name, you say “Baker. Charlotte Baker”. We also have Mommy Baker, Daddy Baker and GG Baker in our house.
- You love Daniel Tiger, and so do I. It’s really nostalgic to me, since I loved Mr. Rogers Neighborhood as a kid. I probably let you watch way too much of it a day, but Daniel is so sweet and has such good lessons, I’m not too worried about it.
- Your favorite Daniel Tiger is the potty episode. You love to talk about the potty, washing your hands, wearing underwear and no more diapers, etc. but have no interest in actually sitting on the potty yourself.
- You are starting to be really particular about certain things and have meltdowns when they aren’t done to your specifications. Your water cup, for example- aaaaa! We have more “arguments” about your water than anything else. You beg for animal crackers all day long. Oh, and your gummies and vitamins. You get 4 gummies and 1 vitamin a day- THAT’S IT!
Your birthday is a month away and I don’t know what we are going to do to celebrate, but celebrate YOU we will. Happy 23 months sweet girl, and Merry, Merry Christmas!