No real coherent post today…just what’s swirling in my brain these days.
- Dogs. Driving me crazy. I love them, I really do, but they make my life a lot more stressful. And there’s four of them. Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who is ok with giving pets away, but then there’s the moments like now, where two of them are snuggled up next to me while I blog. They are family.
- Softball. Ryan’s team is in the playoffs- my favorite time of year. I grew up playing softball and still sometimes I miss it so, so much. Anyway, R’s team is 28-1 on the season- Go Falcons!
- Weight loss. Ryan is doing a weight loss program and has already lost 30 pounds. I am so proud of him. And he’s eating vegetables. Amazing.
- Vaccines. My research obsession right now. It’s frightening what I’m learning.
- Sick babies. So many sick babies. Why?
- Ipad. Grayson won a Playstation in a raffle. We returned it (because G is the last person on earth who needs a Playstation) and are considering using our credit towards an ipad for him. From what I hear, ipads are revolutionizing the way special needs kids learn, but my instinct says that right now, it would just be a really expensive chew toy. I’ve emailed the director of his school to see what she thinks.
- Scary mail. We got a Care Plan letter in the mail yesterday for Grayson. We will carry it with us so if we ever need treatment for him in a hospital other than the one our Mito specialist is at. It’s an amazing thing to have, but the letter is intense. It basically gives worst case scenario information, so we will be taken seriously in an emergency. It makes the prognosis of Mito patients sound very, very bleak, and is personalized with Grayson’s specific issues. Tough.
- Sleep Study- scheduled for next Wednesday night. I’m just looking at it as a night out in a
hotelhospital room. We check in between 7 and 8 pm- and then who knows how long it will take to set everything up and actually put him to bed. Grayson’s bedtime is 6 pm. This should be interesting.
- Clothes. My husband says every few months he prepares himself for a meltdown from me about my wardrobe. So R, here is my meltdown. I have an event for work tomorrow- what am I going to wear so I look like a
- Sheets. We desperately need new ones. But ugh, those things are expensive. I could think of a billion things I would rather spend $100 on. Like clothes.
What’s on your mind these days?